Sunday, April 3, 2011

C4T #3

For my Comments for Teachers #4, I was assigned Spencer's Scratch Pad, a blog written by John T. Spencer. So far, I have only read one of Mr. Spencer's posts, because of a mix up on my part with Google docs, but I plan to read more and would encourage others to do the same.

The post that I commented on was one about approaching both teaching and parenting (as Mr. Spencer is a parent himself) with love. He goes on to talk about his own doubts about whether or not he is doing the right thing as a parent or a teacher, how he worries sometimes if he's too strict or too lenient, and so on, but makes the point that if one approaches life them with love, even if mistakes are made along the way, things will work out. I left him the following comment:


"Hi, I'm a student at the University of South Alabama, taking EDM 310 with Dr. Strange and was assigned to read your blog. I really enjoyed this post. It was both well written and inspiring. I sometimes find myself wondering about things like this, not because I am a teacher or a parent but because I plan to be in the not so distant future. It is sort of comforting to know that someone who has been doing so for a while still doesn't exactly have the answers, but I think you have the important part down. Love is so important, like you said. I think if you come from a place of love like this you cannot really go wrong. Sure mistakes will be made along the way, no one is perfect, but you will continue to grow and learn and be humbled by what you learn as well. Thank you so much for your post, I look forward to reading more."

No comments:

Post a Comment